Consulting Services – Individual Consultant’s Selection Republic of Moldova
Ministry of Labor, Social Protection and Family Strengthening the Effectiveness of the Social Safety Net Project
Credit No. 5001-MD
Project ID No. P120913
Reference No. CS-S/45/IDA
Assignment Title: Training on communication and advocacy
Period of assignment/services: October 2016, up to 8 working days.
The Government of the Republic of Moldova has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Strengthening the Effectiveness of the Social Safety Net Project. Ministry of Labor, Social Protection and Family (MLSPF) as an implementing agency for the project intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consultancy should increase the ministry capacity in communication and advocacy.
The objective of the assignment is to develop skills on an effective and strategic communication, to get a better understanding of existing barriers to effective communicate about the social reforms. The consultant will be assisted by the communication consultant of the Strengthening the Effectiveness of the Social Safety Net Project and communication specialist of the Ministry. The assignment is expected to comence in October 2016.
For detailed information, please refer to Terms of Reference
Requirements for experience and qualifications:
• Advanced degree in Journalism, Communication and Social Sciences, Public Policy or other relevant degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in conducting, developing and implementing technical assistance and consulting services in the area of communications and advocacy
• Experience in developing and coordinating training programs for government institutions shall be considered an advantage
• Good knowledge of the last social reforms initiated by the beneficiary
• Knowledge of the international good practices in field of social reform communication and advocacy campaigns shall be considered an advantage
• Excellent writing and good analysis aptitude
• Fluent in written and spoken Romanian.
Ministry of Labor, Social Protection and Family now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (with attachment of information regarding projects implemented that are related to the field of assignment).
1. Academic background and professional qualification (20 points)
2. Adequacy for the assignment (70 points)
3. Working experience with public authorities and within donors funded projects, language knowledge (10 points)
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers edition January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Of Individual Consultants method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Requests for clarifications must be sent to the following email: email@example.com
Applications (in Romanian and English) including CV and cover letter (on paper or electronically by e-mail) shall be submitted to the address below.
Ministry of Labor, Social Protection and Family,
5th floor, room no.501
Attn: Serghei Merjan, Procurement Consultant
Vasile Alecsandri Street, #1, MD-2009, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Tel: (+373) 22 269 331 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.mmpsf.gov.md
Deadline for applications is October 7th, 2016, 10:00 A.M. (Chisinau time) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.